Search ranking factors 2016 from Brian Dean of Backlinko – Ahrefs domain authority is a good indicator of ranking. Links work, https has an influence, schema markup language doesn’t matter much. Site speed definitely helps ranking, title don’t matter much sticking to one topic and writing a lot about it helps (long form 1,800 characters on average in position #1).
Ahrefs little blue book of link building – 42 page PDF.
19 link building tools
Keyword research finding low competition keywords, usually long tail that involve an intention to buy from the searcher.
Content marketing handbook (5 Dec 2015) 30,000 word verison about how to write about information and make it spread. As Aaron Swarts mentioned everyone has a voice now but who chooses what gets heard. There is also a 6 page PDF summary here.
Here is the step-by-step process of creating content using the Skyscraper Technique and what to do when it fails (5 Jan 2016):
- Publish a Great Piece of Content
- Find Websites in your Niche That Allow Guest Posts
- Pitch the Websites on Your Guest Post Idea
- Make Publishing the Guest Post Simple
- Write the Guest Post and Include Backlinks to Your Content
- Follow Up to Make Sure the Post is Published
- Respond to Comments and Promote the Guest Post
Actionable SEO tips from 28th June 2016 from Brian Dean Backlinko again. This was referred by Cyrus at Moz using Twitter, it appears to be getting pretty incestuos at the top of the ‘SEO advice’ tree Neil Patel, Moz and Brian Dean all referring to each others work regularly.